OK so January’s over, so is Valentine’s day and Pancake day. But take a deep breath…the fun isn’t over yet. This month is a busy one in London. I’ve picked out some of the things that interested me most, which I’ve pencilled into my calendar;
- From tomorrow – there are a number of move nights at the Natural History Museum in South Ken – Sci-fi film faves are being shown on the big screen at the Natural History Musuem. Catch ‘ET’, ‘Gravity’, ‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ and more, sat in the Hintze Hall under Hope the Whale. Just make sure you visit the bar before watching ‘Alien’.
- From Saturday, the Crafty Fox Market will be open in Elephant and Castle – Stock up on prints, cards, ceramics and textiles or create a peice of your own at a Crafty Fox workshop.
- This Sunday – Grab a placard and stomp through central London in support of gender equality and the right for women to be able to work free from harassment and abuse. Sue Perkins, Sadiq Khan, Helen Pankhurst, Bianca Jagger and more will be taking part.
- Also this Sunday in Greenwich – it’s the Big Half Festival! Spectate from the sidelines instead at The Big Half Festival with a day of veggie food, yoga and live music on The Big Stage.
- Next Thursday is The International Women’s Day Breakfast morning – Nab yourself some early morning inspiration with help from four women leading the way in their industries. The panel will see Suitcase Magazine founder Serena Guen, author and broadcaster Emma Gannon, and founders of Stories Behind Things, Ella Denton and Jemma Finch talking about empowerment, building your own community and the politics of being a woman.
- Rooftop Astronomy from Monday 12 March – Controversial astrologist Nicholas Culpeper gave lovely Spitalfields gastropub The Culpeper its name, and these rooftop stargazing sessions are in his honour. Astronomy expert Seb Jay will be your guide, providing and introduction over natural wines and food before heading up to the rooftop greenhouse to try the telescopes and drink hot booze from the rooftop bar
Let me know what you’re up to this month!